Jack's Mannequin, Spinning.
"I can't remember when the Earth turned slowly, so I just waited with the lights turned out again. I lost my place but I can't stop this story. I've found my way, but until then I'm only spinning".
Jeff Buckley, Hallelujah.
"Baby, I've been here before. I've seen this room and I've walked this floor. You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya. And I've seen your flag on the marble arch and love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah".
Automatic Loveletter, The Answer.
"I look up to the sun, it only hurts my eyes. Maybe it's the answer I've been wanting in disguise. The more you are with me, the more I am alone. I don't need the answer, I already know".
The Wombats, Here Comes The Anxiety.
"I'd say that this is the darkest song I ever wrote. No hint of a smile or the usual quirky anecdotes. No, this is a song about someone knew what not to say, what not to do. So now, I think I'll just be honest".
Hunters and Collectors, Throw Your Arms Around Me.
"I will squeeze the life out of you. You will make me laugh and make me cry and we will never forget it. You will make me call your name and I'll shout it to the blue summer sky. And we may never meet again. So shed your skin and let's get started".
Dashboard Confessional, Hands Down.
"Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember. Always remember the sound of the stereo, the dim of the soft light, the scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers and the time on the clock when we realised "It's so late!" and this walk that we shared together. The streets were wet and the gate was locked so I jumped in, and let you in. And you stood at your door, with your hands on my waist and you kissed me like you meant it. I know that you meant it".
Tom Jones, It's Not Unusual.
"It's not unusual to be loved by anyone. It's not unusual to have fun with anyone but when I see you hanging about with anyone. It's not unusual to see me cry. I wanna die".
No comments:
Post a Comment