Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tomorrow is my brother's birthday. Sadly, it is also the day that his fiance passed away two years ago. Her name was Monica and she was the most nice and caring person in the world. She died of cancer, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma on the 25th of May 2008. They had been together for four years and were planning to get married at the end of 2009 - when she was better. I was going to be a bride's maid. I can't tell her now and it hurts me that I never did. I want to tell her that she was a sister to me. That I loved her and thought the world of her. She was super smart and beautiful and she was funny and we would make fun of my brother together.

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a saturday, I had just finished work. My parent's picked me up and we drove into town to see them at the hospital. Monica had to be readmitted the night before due to a toe infection. My parent's and I were laughing and joking around in the car. We were on the escaltor's when we first saw them. My brother and Monica's dad. They were standing around a table looking, weird. That was my first thought. It wasn't until we walked up and saw their eyes. They didn't even have to say the words. We knew.

I miss you Monica and you will always be in my heart. I still think about you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment