Monday, May 10, 2010

Recently Single

Hi. My name is Lemons. I'm an eighteen year old girl. Just out of school. Still living at home and studing in Brisbane, Australia.

Just recently, my boyfriend of two years, two months, twenty days decided to tell me that he didn't love me like he use to. He said that he hadn't for months and that he couldn't take living a lie anymore. I was crushed. Especially since I had just called him to talk about improving our relationship. Also, I had bought him phone credit that day!

Then suddenly, after all the anger and sadness, it clicks. I deserve to be loved completely. Deserve that consuming love Carrie Bradshaw talks about in the last episode of Sex and the City. That suddenly I had hope and even more, I was happy. Completely happy. Happier than I have ever been. I feel sightly guilty, seeing as only a week ago I was in a long-term relationship - then I remember what a prick he turned out to be and I feel happy again.

I dye my hair back to blonde - he told me he preferred it brunette when we were going out and of course, anything to make him happy. I start buying a new wardrobe. I throw out all his stuff. I see friends constantly and keep myself busy. It works and I'm happy by myself too after a while.

I went clubbing for the first time with a couple of girls. I was feeling really good about myself. I see a guy on the dance floor. He smiles at me. A gorgeous smile. One that you can't help but smile back. Then a bit later, after a couple more shared glances, he comes over, holds my hand and asks for my name and says his name is Ben. He tells me that he saw me looking at him and asks if I'd like to dance. I so want to, but I chicken out!

I feel as if my life is starting for the first time. I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment